March 5th & 6th, 2018
You are cordially invited to the 2018 Annual Meeting of the New York State Cheese Manufacturers’ Association to be held at the Doubletree Syracuse Hotel, Syracuse, NY on Monday and Tuesday, March 5th and 6th. We believe that all sectors of the New York State dairy industry will benefit from participating in this meeting.
The NY Cheese Manufacturers’ will be hosting the meeting both days and will begin Monday morning, March 5th and end following our Awards Luncheon on Tuesday, March 6th.
To make your hotel reservation, follow this link: Doubletree Hotel Room Reservations.
- “NY Dairy Industry Outlook – Update,” Ed Gallagher, Dairy Farmers of America
- “ Milk Fatty Acid Research (Cow of Interest) – Update,” David M. Barbano, Cornell University
- “Cheese Snack Opportunities: Beyond the Cube, Curd String and Stick”, Donna Berry, Dairy Food Communications, Inc.
- “Regulation Vs. Reality: Developing Goal Based Food Defense Programs”, Rod Wheeler, Global Food Defense
- “OSHA’s Impact on the Dairy/Cheese Industry”, Larry Aleksandrich, Aleksandrich Compliance & Engineering Services, LLC
- “Be Careful What You Wish For…Pathogen Testing in Raw Milk Cheese,” Rob Ralyea, Cornell University.
Monday, March 5th
8:00am – Company Exhibits (until 7:30pm)
8:00am – Presidential Address/Business Meting
8:15am – NY Dairy Industry Outlook – Update
9:00am -Challenges and Opportunities with Making Cheese Using UF Milk
10:00am – Break
10:15 – Cheese Judging Contest & Clinic
11:15am – Update – Milk Fatty Acid Research (Cow of Interest)
Noon – Lunch (ticket required)
1:30pm – Cheese Snack Opportunities: Beyond the Cube, Curd, String and Stick
2:15pm – Regulation Vs. Reality: Developing Goal Based Food Defense Programs
3:15pm – Break
3:30pm – Don’t Just Say Something: Do Something! Risk Readiness & Resiliency – Cont’d
4:30pm – Board of Directors Meeting
5:30pm – Cheese Reception/Co-Host Cocktail Party
Tuesday, March 6th
9:00am – Company Exhibits (until 1:00pm)
9:00am – Be Careful What You Wish For…….Pathogen Testing In Raw Milk Cheese
9:45am – OSHA’s Impact on the Diary/Cheese Industry
10:30am – Break
10:45am – Two Strategies for Dairy Waste Reduction: Spoilage Control and Re-Utilization
11:30am – Company Story – Craigs Station Creamery – Update
12:15pm – Awards Luncheon
*Includes Lunches Mon. & Tues., and Monday Evening Reception/ Registration Fee is for one (1) participant
**You must be registered to order additional tickets